Area Woman Says “I Do”
The wedding was absolutely wonderful. I still almost don’t believe that it actually happened–it feels like something I dreamed up. My friends wanted me to write a memories post–something everyone could add to–and I thought it was a great idea, especially since my memory is horrible.
It’s weird, but thinking about the wedding being over makes me a little sad. I keep trying to remind myself how tired and stressed I got toward the end of the planning phase, but it’s still sad. Maybe my brain is broken. That would explain the crappy memory, at any rate. I don’t know when I’ll get the photographer’s pictures. They are sending me a disc to sift through and choose the shots that I want. In the meantime, I created a Facebook album of some wedding shots we got with our camera. It’s public, because I know not all of you have Facebook [seriously, what's wrong with you?] You can see those pictures here.
Here are some of my more fond memories:
1. The way Mr. W, my friends, and family swooped in when I accidentally spilled a centerpiece all over one of the tables. It was a few hours before guests were due to arrive and I broke down into a hapless puddle of tears. I didn’t have to do a thing to put things right–they handled everything. It was a very comforting feeling.
2. Standing in front of everyone during the ceremony [the pastor switched places with us so we were facing the guests instead of the other way around], squeezing Mr. W’s hands to death because I was so nervous and trying hard not to cry. Mr. W was squeezing my hands just as hard.
3. Chad and Keith getting in the ladies line to kiss a blindfolded Mr. W. We played a game where he had to figure out which kiss was from me [he did, on the second go round]. I can’t wait to see pictures of the guys kiss him though. It was hilarious. You guys are great sports!
4. Mr. W smooshing the wedding cake into his forehead because we were both nice when feeding each other cake and people wanted to see some wedding cake-related carnage.
5. Throwing like a girl.
6. The wedding party, after the reception, going outside and having a massive Magic Water Bead fight. When we got back to the hotel, I ran a hand through Mr. W’s hair and a Magic Water Bead fell out. Hilarious.
What do you remember?