The link in Wednesday’s post about high schools killing our love of reading inspired today’s Saturday Six. I looked back at the books I had to read for various English classes and used to despise but have revisited on my own to find out that I really liked them.
6 Books I hated in High School but like now:
1. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
2. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
3. 1984 – George Orwell
4. Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
5. Slaughterhouse Five – Kurt Vonnegut
6. The Diary of a Young Girl – Anne Frank
Unfortunately I can’t blame high school for everything. Here are 6 books I hated back then and still hate:
1. Lord of the Flies – William Golding
2. Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger
3. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
5. Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
6. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain
What are some books you hated in high school and like now?